AI Readiness Barometer
Dive into a snapshot of global AI readiness. A quarterly analysis based on Omdia's AI readiness assessment and benchmarking tool, helping companies analyze the market and understand their position in relation to peers.
Omdia's AI Business Toolkit is a suite of tools, reports, and data designed to help businesses overcome planning, organizational, and operational challenges in implementing AI.
A key component of the service is an online assessment and benchmarking tool that helps companies understand their AI readiness in relation to peers. Take the assessment here.
The Omdia AI Readiness Barometer is a quarterly readout and analysis of selected key data points which create a snapshot of global AI readiness.
View a selection of the insights below, and discover more in-depth insights in the full report.
The AI readiness model is based on four functional areas that form the critical foundations for an AI-driven enterprise: strategy, organization, technology-operations, and data.
Each area contains a detailed set of criteria and associated questions designed to assess AI maturity.
- Strategy identifies the state and nature of an enterprise’s plan of action and roadmap to support AI.
- Organization examines how culturally and organizationally ready an enterprise is to support AI and harness it for business transformation.
- Technology-Operations explores the different AI technologies and capabilities being leveraged by the enterprise, and how the enterprise is implementing AI solutions across core operational elements.
- Data assesses the state and availability of an enterprise's data assets and its analytics capabilities, which are crucial for successful AI deployment.
- AI Beginner
- AI Competent
- AI Proficient
- AI Advanced
- The majority of benchmarked companies currently fall into the AI Competent stage.
- 54% of benchmarked companies do not have AI success metrics in place.
- Only 29% of benchmarked companies have AI championed at the highest level (board, senior management).
- Only 11% of benchmarked companies have dedicated and experienced AI staff.
- Of regions tracked, no region is currently significantly outperforming another. There is insufficient data to assess Latin America, Middle East and Africa.
- Larger companies ($1b+ revenues) are currently significantly more AI Ready than companies with less than $1bn revenues.
- Technology companies are currently more AI Competent than other tracked industries at this time.
- All other industries tracked are currently progressing in AI Readiness at relatively the same pace.
Company Revenue View
Unlock the in-depth insights in the full report
Want to know more about the AI Readiness Tool?
Navigate the world of artificial intelligence and assess your readiness and competitive position with Omdia.